AmigaActive (1209/2143)

From:Michael Carter
Date:16 May 2000 at 14:09:48
Subject:RE: Validation Problems

does any constant disk activity happen? sometimes it is best to leave it
with the requester on screen for a while then retry when the disk activity
ceases.

>bring back the requestor, whilst canceling allows the program to load,
>but usually ends up crashing the computer or bringing up an `illegal
>activity- reboot/suspend` requestor.

probably because it is trying to write to the cache directory but cannot,
and Voyager never checks this state! It crashes when the HDD gets full too!

>I`ve tried using quarterback to sort it but apparently the volume has
>no `valid volume bitmap` & then before it finishes checking the drive
>quarterback crashes.

get DiskSalv from Aminet and do a validation on the partition.

>Any ideas what I can do about it, that doesn`t involve
>reformatting a 2
>gig partition?

I'd recommend getting PFS3. Since I bought it I've had *NO* validation
problems at all and my machine crashes a lot, especially testing dodgy Beta
software & my own programs :) hehe.

Bye,

M!Ke C.